Sunday, April 2, 2017

Dandelion’s Legacy Lives On

Dandelion’s Legacy Lives On
I have often credited Crayola crayons for spring boarding me into my art career. Even on the introduction page of this website they are mentioned and thanked. Because like most children, crayons were my first object used to create. Of course, my mom thought my colored creations to be works of genius and proudly displayed them on the refrigerator.
On March 31st  National Crayon Day, Crayola announced the retirement of Dandelion Yellow. How do you retire yellow? Dandelion was the happiest color in the box ( Okay, everyone knows I love all the colors and would say the same of any of them ) But come on, its Yellow ! It’s the Sun , the flowers, the bees, …and my hair !!! Well, Dandelion will not be forgotten. In fact, by pure chance- or perhaps serendipity- today’s art blog centers around -Yellow. Last week I showed you the Tie Dye Abstract creation for an art collector’s Master Bedroom. And yes, predominantly -Yellow. As promised here’s the next room of the series:

The Great Room

The base is a multi tone yellow. Falling somewhere between an abstract painting and faux finish, three gray tones are mixed lightly with a crete medium. This allowed the grays to be painted on with a heavy textured brush but not quite requiring troweling it on.


The Abstract painting created on the  headboard wall and tray ceiling of the Master Bedroom can be viewed from the Great Room. ( to see more photos of the Master Bedroom :http://swanstudiosinc.blogspot.com/2017/03/abstract-painting-tie-dye-for.html )



Happily painting a yellow abstract creation:




Whatever color makes you happy I can create a work of art on your walls and ceilings. Contact me at : http://www.swanstudio.net/

and join me on my painting adventures at:





and yes, I'm also on Twitter:

#abstractpainting #abstractmural #dandelionyellow 

No comments:

Post a Comment