Sunday, April 16, 2023

A Girl’s Gotta Have Her Bling

 

A Girl’s Gotta Have Her Bling

I have to admit, I’m a girlie girl. I love anything sparkly and shiny. I have an entire section in my dressing room dedicated just to sparkly shoes. So, when a client wants to bling out her own home area spaces , I’m all in. It’s so much fun to create finishes with megawatt bling. Here’s one of the latest featuring oversized scroll designs painted in metallic silver and silver foil:



Typically, I create my own template designs so I can manipulate the design to the wall space. 



Once the design is sketched onto the wall, you’ll want to use a good quality metallic water-based paint. Silver can be tricky since its inherently sheer. ( I mixed deep steel with metallic white so the silver would be opaque. But you can also achieve this with an opaque metallic by Modern Masters ) 




I still stick by Wunda sizing when it comes to transferring foil. It sets up quickly ( a must in our SW Florida humidity) and has fabulous adhesion. There are a few ways to apply the foil. Traditionally, I crumple the foil before placing it. However, this particular wall finish was already bumpy giving good variation. I found it best to lay the foil full on and gave it a deep rub for maximum transfer. The end result is glamorous and oh so shiny. The foil on the textured wall sparkles like diamonds when the light hits it:




Ready to Sparkle and Shine? Contact me at Swan Studios Inc 

Follow all of Swan Studios Inc's art adventures on your favorite social media:

FaceBook  Instagram  Pinterest  You Tube

#silverfauxfinish #foilfauxfinish #scrollwalldesign




 





No comments:

Post a Comment