Sunday, June 30, 2019

A Kitchen Seasoned with Love

A Kitchen Seasoned with Love
Remember the adorable Pillsbury advertisement “ Nothing says lovin’ like something from the oven” ? I loved that ad and its cute pudgy dough boy. And its true- love comes from the kitchen. I spend a lot of time in mine. If I’m not painting, then I’m cooking. Occasionally both simultaneously which has led to some hilarious moments. Such as my husband mistakenly thinking a spoon was coated in chocolate batter when it was actually coated in a brown paint mixture. Or a bottle of sepia paint he thought was caramel sauce. I must admit that him sputtering and spitting and declaring “My God that tastes awful! “, did bring tears of laughter.  I’m blessed to have a kitchen filled with love and laughter. And I love cooking. Granted my family has tales of horror of my cooking adventures, but I’ve come a long way from the days of mistaking baking soda for baking powder ( too bad there weren’t cell phones back in those as 7 people around a breakfast table all gagged together on my biscuits) . And I’m proud to announce its been over a decade since I’ve exploded a chicken that flew from the kitchen up onto the family room ceiling fan. My Sweet Aussie husband now reaps the rewards of my former trial and errors and enjoys a home cooked meal every day, each seasoned with love.
Our kitchen has been sporting the typical SW Florida cabinetry of mid-tone almost orange wood finish like so many of the kitchens I have been changing for clients this year. It was time to refresh our cabinetry too. Husband loves the results and so do I. 
More views and close-ups








The infamous sepia paint David thought was caramel sauce:

Let's season you kitchen with love with new cabinet color. Contact me at Swan Studios Inc:





#paintedcabinets #fauxpaintedcabinets #kitchencabinets


No comments:

Post a Comment