Sunday, March 31, 2019

A City of Marble

A City of Marble
“I found Rome brick, I left it a city of marble “- Augustus Caesar
Back in my college days I attended a Humanities course because it was required. I didn’t expect much. I thought it would be just another plain course necessary to get through. Wow was I surprised. The class became one of my favorites to this day. The central figure studied was Augustus Caesar. No doubt you’ve heard of him. He did indeed find Rome as mere plain mud brick and left it in idolized and envied marble.
Although not necessarily creating a political and societal structure on which Western Civilization is founded, as an artist I like to leave a place better for having been there. In this case, changing plain blank surfaces into glorious faux creations of…marble.
SW Florida homes are peppered with columns both indoors and outdoors. Most often these are constructed of cement, wood, or fiberglass. And they are plain white surfaces screaming to painted marble.
Here’s a recent example of changing a plain Jane white interior columns with faux marble painting:


A closer look:


There are actually two columns in the home to create a formal dining entry:


Marble Faux painting on exterior columns enhances a home’s curb appeal:


Both interior and exterior columns receive a durable clear coat allowing the faux marble to gleam and to withstand the elements:







Marble faux painting can be created on other surfaces, as well:

Walls:

Outlets:

Statues:

Countertops:


Floors:

Even insets into existing marble can be faux painted to match:


Ready to have your plain as mud surfaces changed to a stunning marble surface? 
Contact me at Swan Studios Inc: http://www.swanstudio.net

You can follow Swan Studios Inc's mural and faux adventures on your favorite social media sites at:






#fauxpainting #fauxmarble #marblefauxfinish





No comments:

Post a Comment