Sunday, September 16, 2018

Heaven Came Down

Heaven Came Down
As an artist each job is a joy to create for my clients. Some jobs, however, are truly precious and meaningful. Recently I had been called to consult with a committee who had been tasked with a revamp and extension of their church building. They had contacted me because of my expertise in faux finishing. The idea had been brought about to modernize a portion of the sanctuary with contemporary faux finishes. I was disappointed when the deacon board told the committee the funds would have to go to some crucial infrastructure work instead. It wasn’t so much a disappointment of not getting the job, I knew that spot would fill immediately. But I was looking forward to painting in God’s House. It made me sad that the project wasn’t moving forward.  We’ve all heard the sayings - “The Lord works in mysterious ways” and “When one door closes, another door opens.” And that’s just what happened. As a woman of faith, I pray daily, several times a day. Sometimes, all day. In our daily talks, I told God how disappointed I was not to be making something for His house. Then I received a call from someone whose path had crossed with mine in a different artistic way. Besides painting, I also work in digital art and film editing. And this author needed a graphic artist for their new edition of their book on the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I was elated. And, as God had planned, it just so happened my schedule had an opening. God is truly great. I am truly blessed.

When I’m notified of the release date of this recent edition, I’ll be sure to post it here on the Swan Studios Inc blog spot. But with great joy, here’s a look at the new cover:



Right on the heels of the book cover came a mural project that needed a little chapel in the landscape. The mural project is still in progress, but here's a sneak peek:


Need a book cover? book illustration? digital art ? mural? Contact me at Swan Studios Inc:

Be sure to follow our art adventures on :





#graphicdesign #digitalart #bookillustration



No comments:

Post a Comment