Friday, November 1, 2013

Mural Painting : For the Birds



Inspiration can come unexpectedly. Such was the case when I painted a tropical motif mural for community club house. I had already created an entire tropical theme throughout the clubhouse with fun casual window treatments, palm trees, accessories, and wall paper. The stage area sometimes used for singers, but more often used by Bingo M.C., was placed in front of cinder block. So we decided to paint tropical plants along the bottom that coordinated with the wall covering in an adjacent room. The mural was fun, but felt like something was missing. As I stood back pondering what was needed, the Ladies’ Bridge players came in to the clubhouse for their weekly card game. One of the ladies, about 4ft tall and 85 years old, asked me what I was doing staring at the wall. When I explained  she took a moment to ponder, and replied,” It needs birds” ! She was right, it needed birds. So the next morning I returned and added in birds that could be seen on the local golf courses.  And for those who want to get a truly up-close inspection, I added in some local bugs and lizards.






Tip : The entire mural has a clear coat top to protect the mural. 

#Tropicalmural  #Commercialmural #Fauxpainting #muralpainting #Custommural

No comments:

Post a Comment