Saturday, October 3, 2026

The Lighthouse

 

The Lighthouse

Over the years I’ve been requested to paint lighthouses into some of my mural work. Living in SW Florida, the Sanibel lighthouse is a common request. However, until recently a lighthouse hasn’t been the focal point of the mural work. Rather it’s been a mere addition into an overall scene. So, I was excited at the request to have  a lighthouse be the only object in the mural piece. A homeowner who is a collector of yard statuary wanted a lighthouse painted to fill an odd exterior wall angle. Little could they have known how much it meant to me. Every time I see a lighthouse I think of my Uncle Bill. He is a minister retired from a life as a missionary. Whenever he would return home to the U.S. to visit, he would be asked to preach and usually sing as well. One of the songs I remember him singing the most was the gospel song “The Lighthouse”. What a joy it was to paint this light house while in my mind’s memory hear him singing “The Lighthouse” and rejoicing in the love of Christ as our lighthouse guiding the way.


You can follow all of Swan Studios Inc’s art adventures on your favorite social media:


#lighthousemural #lighthouseart #outdoormural


No comments:

Post a Comment