Sunday, August 30, 2026

Cabinetry Makeover

Dark and dated kitchens are a common angst for SW Florida homeowners. An easy update to a lighter and brighter kitchen or bath  is have the cabinets painted. Painting the cabinetry is a more budget-friendly way to give your home the look you crave. Of course, the cabinetry needs to be in good condition. If the cabinets are warped or crumbling, paint won’t fix that. But if the cabinets are in good shape, painting can literally save you thousands of dollars over replacing the cabinets.

If you plan to replace the hardware , keep the current hardware spacing in mind. If you plan to go from a knob to a handle, the painter needs to know that before the cabinets are painted so that the proper prep work can be done.

Even though some paints declare they are paint and primer all in one, I always prime the cabinet first. Proper preparation makes all the difference in the world. I’ve used a variety of paint brands over the years. What brand and type I use depends on if I’m painting for one color or creating a faux finish. If its just one color, I suggest Sherwin Williams Emerald Urethane. It flows like melted butter.

Here are some before and after examples of changing dark finish cabinets to modern airy look. ( the color used in the next 3 photos is Sherwin Williams Moderate White SW6140).

A world of difference:





Are your cabinets dragging you back decades? Let’s update them to a fresher look. Contact Swan Studios Inc 

Follow all of Swan Studios Inc's art adventures on your favorite social media sites:

Face Book  Instagram  Pinterest  Threads  You Tube

#paintedcabinets #cabinetmakeover

  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment